- Avene de Kiyovu, Nyarugenge District, Kigali-Rwanda
- +250 788302539
The Mission of Scouting
The mission of Scouting is to contribute to the education of young people, through a value system based on the Scout Promise and Law, to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in society. This is achieved by :
- involving them throughout their formative years in a non-formal educational process
- using a specific method that makes each individual the principal agent of his or her development as a self-reliant, supportive, responsible and committed person
- Assisting them to establish a value system based upon spiritual, social and personal principles as expressed in the Promise and Law.
The Scout Promise
On my honor I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and the King (or to God and my Country) ;
To help other people at all times ;
To obey the Scout Law.
The Scout Law
- A Scout’s honor is to be trusted.
- A Scout is loyal.
- A Scout’s duty is to be useful and to help others.
- A Scout is a friend to all and a brother to every other Scout.
- A Scout is courteous.
- A Scout is a friend to animals.
- A Scout obeys orders of his parents, Patrol Leader or Scoutmaster without question.
- A Scout smiles and whistles under all difficulties.
- A Scout is thrifty.
- A Scout is clean in thought, word and deed.
The Vision of Scouting
- As a global Movement, making a real contribution to creating a better world.
- We see Scouting entering its second century as an influential, value-based educational Movement focused on achieving its mission, involving young people working together to develop their full potential, supported by adults who are willing and able to carry out their educational role.
- We see Scouting world-wide as attracting and retaining more and more young people (especially adolescents) of both genders and coming from broader segments of society.
- We see Scouting as attractive to adults, women and men, in all cultures - a Movement through which they can make a significant contribution to society by working with young people.
- We see Scouting as a dynamic, innovative Movement with adequate resources, simple structures and democratic decision making processes where organization, management and communication are effective at all levels.